Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Anunnaki are Here

People can believe some pretty strange things.

In the town I live in, there are only about fifteen last names. It is not uncommon to see children with six toes on one foot. It is almost inevitable for cousins to marry and reproduce, because everyone is related.

Last year we had a very strange episode of "possessions". About 40 people between the ages of 2-35 were posessed by "evil spirits". Supposedly, they would have these attacks around 6pm, although it could randomly occur throughout the day as well. They would get so strong that a group of men couldn´t hold them down. They would speak in tongues and try to run. The families would shut them in dark rooms and surround them in prayer. They called priests and preachers, medicine men and shamans - but nothing worked. Fingers were pointing in all directions. Our project was even accused of having called in the evil spirits with a diabolic dance that we were practicing with the children.

I saw people, with my own eyes, go into these fits. I held them down (by myself, and I only weigh 110 pounds), and tried to talk them through it. Some of them were obviously faking, but some of them really made me question my disbelief.

It was when a two-year-old Mayan child, adopted by a woman from the U.S. had one of these fits that I realized that it was not for me to pass judgement. She was under the "spell" for over 24 hours and couldn´t have faked it.

But why did it only affect the locals? Lots of foreigners live here and none of them were affected. Is it that we could only be affected by it if we believed it, or was there some genetic explanation?

It made me think of the Salem Witch stories and all the other crazy things that we have believed over the course of human history.

I´ve been quite taken by the theory that we descend from alien beings that came to the planet and mated with the earthlings. These aliens - Anunnaki as some call them - came here seeking Martian blood. You see, the Martians were already here, hiding from the Anunnaki. Both alien races procreated here on earth. Some kept their bloodlines pure, others mixed, and thus came forth civilization as we know it today.

I grew up with very academic and rational parents. Ideas like these were ridiculed and discarded. Religion, in any form, was primitive. Magic was silly. Ghosts didn´t exist, let alone God or Martians.

Yet, I am tempted by the Anunnaki theory. In a world where nothing seems to make much sense, wouldn´t it make sense that we come from somewhere else. Why else are we so different from all the other living creatures on this planet?

It´s not an open question. I don´t need you to explain evolution to me. Until you find the missing link, I won´t believe you anyway. For now, whilst my neighbors are fighting off evil spirits, I await the return of the Anunnaki (maybe).

No comments:

Post a Comment